Sports At School
School, where students not only learn but it also offers students opportunities to interact with each other through sports. Sports can be enjoyed through exciting games, playground activities and board games which make students active. It’s always fun to play games or pursue some kind of sport.
Somehow, this fun is taken back seat in the lives of the current generation. Nowadays, kids are inclined towards video games, mobile phones, and cable and satellite networks with hundreds of channels to browse. They want to stay indoors and enjoy screen time more than play games outside. As per the experts, the youth need to go out, play some games, and have some activities outside the comfort of their homes.
One school which believes that “health is wealth” and is continuously working towards making its students physically active, is Cathedral Vidya School, Lonavala. Cathedral Vidya School is one of the best IBDP Schools near Mumbai. It focuses on providing quality education to its students; along with regular sports training. They have regular morning and evening sports sessions, where the focus is on fitness and a healthy lifestyle.
• The best international boarding schools in Pune believe that through sports students also groom their personality and enhance key skills of being good team players. It inculcates team spirit, cooperation amongst students, negotiation skills and making good decisions.
• Regular interaction through sports enhances friendships and builds trustworthy relationships among students.
• It bonds the teacher-student relationships as well. Sometimes it acts as an ice-breaking point for many new friendships among students.
• By participating in aerobic activities such as running, cycling, or swimming students appearance improves too, they are better able to manage their weight.
• Aerobics improve the stamina and builds a healthy immune system in students.
• Improved muscular strength and endurance exercises challenge the muscular system, building stronger muscles.
• Exercise is a great mood-booster and has proven to be an effective method of stress relief.
• Exercise decreases LDL (bad cholesterol) levels and increases HDL (good cholesterol) levels.
• It Wards off osteoporosis. Building dense, strong bones is another benefit of physical activity.
• We all know the importance of sleep and a steady Sportif routine which enhances a healthy lifestyle and routine.
• Exercise is good for your mental health too, as it can overcome feelings of anxiety and depression, sharpen your focus, and improve self-esteem.
• When you cumulate all of these benefits, what do you get? A longer, healthier, more enjoyable life!
At Cathedral Vidya School students attend sports throughout the year, they have so many options to choose from; even when they are preparing and writing their board exams, IBDP or IGCSE EXAMS.
When students pursue IGCSE and IBDP they also have the opportunity to prepare for their career in sports; which is an opportunity for students today.
Source Link:- https://medium.com/@cathedrallonavala/sports-at-school-efa9e2bb06d8